You've still got a ways to go
I liked the concept, but I couldn't enjoy this for four reasons.
1. The voice-acting, at times, sounded almost emotionless. Example: The spider's screams sounded like he didn't care too much about his life.
2. Art is bad in some areas. Example: The phone looked like a giant macaroni.
3. Laggy, as stated below. I had to turn the quality down considerably. It looked grotesque.
4. Too much silence in the background. Some music would have been nice.
A masterpiece, without a doubt
I love the animation and story. What really does it for me is the music and character design. Lindsey is crazy talented and I loved the appearance of the creatures such as the guardian and Mr. Shadowchap.
Good job! I can't wait to see more from you.
'HOLY MOLY THE SCREEN GREW'
^ One of many reactions I had to this. I've been a fan of the comic ever since '[S] John: Reunite with your loving wife and daughter.' I've laughed, I've cried (I think), but this blew my mind to a farther degree than anything else in the comic. I anticipated this for a while and, honestly, didn't expect as much as I recieved, teaching me never to underestimate your capabilities. It's amazing for a webcomic to exist that not only sets the bar for webcomics, but art, music, and ANIMATION as well!
One of the things I love about the comic is, whenever it looks like everything's coming together for the ultimate climax and the comic will end in about another act, you add more properties and systems to the multiverse of the comic. This is amazing to me because it WORKS. Throwing new stuff into the story in the middle of the story shouldn't work, but you make it work somehow.
To those of you who do not read Homestuck: Read it. Right now. I cannot stress this enough. I finally found a person in my school who reads Homestuck recently and practically had a fangasm.
You are the god of creativity.
I can tell she's going to love this. Any girl you did this for would love this. You are a skilled and hilarious animator.
A Second Helping of Genius
The first Generic Protagonist was fantastic, and this might be even better.
- It had the same unstoppable, unparalleled humor.
- The voice acting was extraordinary.
- The art was great towards the beginning. It was a major improvement!
- I liked the pig in the jacket. He was creative.
- I would have liked it if you had provided a backstory addressing how The Pants survived the lava pit. However, the fact that it wasn't there didn't necessarily make the movie worse.
- Later in the movie, the art became sloppy. Specifically around the part where GP and his friends find a house. C'mon man, I thought you had broken your habit!
- When GP and friends entered the dark castle, the rest of the movie felt slapped on. What you could have done was stop the movie there and center GP3 around their shenanigans in the castle. That way, you would have more ideas for the dark castle adventure, allowing you to create an hilarious, suspenseful animation I really would have wanted to see instead of a boring ending. In addition, you might not have needed to decrease the sound quality of GP2 if you did this.
- It's obvious that you stopped caring about lip syncing eventually. Well guess what, it's called animation. You can't just go Phineas and Ferb on your movie and pretend no one will notice. We're not six-year-olds. We can sense laziness. I, specifically, am very strict on this subject.
Stuff to do in the future:
- Stop the animation when you get to the point where you draw sloppily, you can't think of ideas, or you're simply tired of making it. You don't have to work yourself so hard and make your animation so long; then your brilliance starts to die. Pick back up on the subject in the next episode, unless you have something against story arcs extended through multiple episodes, in which case, ignore this point.
- Keep your lip syncing as good as it was at the beginning of the animation, except all the time.
- I want to see the pig boss again. Maybe have him team up with The Pants to obliviterize GP!
- Don't stop being so awesome! (I'm not saying you've stopped being awesome, I'm saying don't ever stop)
I hope this review was helpful.
Thanks. It was quite helpful.
Funny and imaginative.
The music suits the enviornment. The ending caught me by surprise. Watching this was worth it.
Nice use of audio file!
It was fun, the art was good, but you fumbled a bit with what files you used:
"Tell it to the bad guy..."
What bad guy?
"I hope you go to space and you catch on fire."
He's already in space.
But it was still entertaining.
I was laughing so hard. This is great. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nice voice acting. It's a very good game actually, and if you check out the game you can see the review.
The entire thing was hilarious, the voice acting was great, and thank you so much for doing a Bomberman parody. I could really have done without that Sonic bit, though. That was just wrong.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.